Satisfaction Spa and Skin Therapy is West Toronto’s number one choice for laser hair removal treatment. Our beauty treatment experts provide a warm and comforting experience, allowing you to relax and enjoy some pampering and self-care.
Our technology provides effective and safe laser hair removal treatment giving you the beautiful skin you have always wanted. We target the areas that bother you the most including legs, chin, bikini line, and underarms with precision lasers so you experience pain and irritation free results.
Our treatments are fast and affordable, so you can get back to the things that matter most to you. We also offer treatment packages so you can experience even more savings.
Why Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a safe and effective way to remove hair from the body. Not only does it give you the clean and sleek look you are looking for, but it is also an effective long-term solution that lets your throw away the razor and wax.
Laser hair removal is the removal of hair from the legs, armpits, face and bikini line, or other unwanted hair.
Your esthetician will discuss the look and type of laser hair removal you want. Things such as hair colour and type can affect the success of the procedure. The lasers are designed to damage the hair follicle, not the skin, so a greater contrast between hair and skin colour provides optimum results. Darker hair colours see the best results because of the greater contrast between the skin and the hair, while colours like grey, red, blonde, and white are more difficult to remove.
How It Works
Laser hair removal is a common treatment at spas and medical offices, therefore you should expect a high level of cleanliness and attention to detail.
After reviewing your personal and medical history, you will be asked to lay down on a treatment bed or chair to begin preparation. You should also expect to be asked to wear light-emitting protective glasses to avoid possible eye damage.
Your esthetician will clean the area to avoid possible infection or irritation.
A laser will then be used to begin the removal process. The laser emits a light that is absorbed by the pigment or melanin in your hair. This light energy is then converted into heat which damages the hair follicles inhibiting growth.
During the procedure, you should experience minimal to no pain or discomfort.
To minimize the return of hair, treatments should be done approximately every six weeks.
Laser Hair Removal Side Effects
Though laser hair removal is a safe and effective way to remove hair, like any other beauty treatment, it comes with the risk of side effects. People who have tattoos are advised not to get laser hair removal treatment on the location of the tattoo. People with sensitive skin are also advised to be careful when seeking this form of hair treatment.
Common side effects of laser hair removal usually include:
- Discomfort/Swelling – Laser hair removal happens when light energy from the laser is converted to heat, which damages the hair follicles. This burning can cause redness and swelling.
- Crusting – The damage to the hair follicle from laser hair removal may cause crusting as the skin heals and repairs.
- Changes to skin colour or pigment – Depending on your skin tone, you may experience lightening or darkening of the skin. It’s important to avoid sun exposure which can trigger pigment changes. People who have light skin may see a darkening in skin tone, while people with darker skin may see lightening. With proper aftercare, this should fade away over time.
- Infection – Just as with other beauty treatments, the risk of infection from laser hair removal exists, however, this is a rare side effect. Make sure your esthetician properly cleans and disinfects all treatment areas both before and after the procedure.
Post Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Now that you have beautifully hair-free skin, it’s important to follow the post-treatment guidelines. This will avoid any possible side effects or irritation.
- Use soothing creams such as aloe or those recommended by your esthetician to reduce any redness or swelling.
- Wear light, loose clothing to avoid rubbing or irritating the skin
- Avoid the sun or other strong light
- Do not use makeup, strongly scented or chemically enriched lotions or cosmetics
- Avoid heavy physical exercise like going to the gym
- Do not use jacuzzis, saunas, swimming pools, or steam baths
- Do not rub, scratch, or touch the affected area
Once laser hair removal is complete, you should expect a few days or minor redness and discomforting. Following the aftercare instructions of your esthetician should minimize these side effects.
Hair growth should be stunted for several weeks, leaving you with smooth and beautiful skin.